Thursday, February 11, 2010

300+ people signed up for the 2010 Project!

Continuing my love affair with the exclamation point, I am going to repeat the title:  300+ people signed up for the 2010 Project!  The last tally I heard just after the start of the project was 267 patrons and 40 staff members.  Now, this is not a knock against Kristine, our great technology trainer and designer of the 2010 Project, but when she proposed a target of 250 participants I was skeptical.  Happy that she set the bar high, but skeptical nonetheless because I am by nature something of a glass-half-empty type.

Anyway, the project is in full-swing.  Kristine blew past her sign up goal.  Now, all we have to do is enjoy the learning challenges presented each week and take notes on the feedback so we can improve for the next time.  Really, I could not be happier.  I think it is great that the library can provide a program that so many people found interesting enough to at least sign up and see what it is all about.  I hope a large percentage complete the 2010 Project and feel like they can share their observations about it.  This is something that, especially with the start-up work done, we can modify and use again and again if we want and if the patrons want.

Here's a link to a .pdf describing another program going on here this spring.  We have done a number of these themed, expert-led book discussion series provided through the Kansas Humanities Council.  Time is rather short for the first book, and I think all our copies are checked out.  But there is plenty of time to sign up for any of the rest of the series and get the book read.

No comments:

Post a Comment