Thursday, September 6, 2012

Are You Jedi Material?

You can find out on October 6th at the Hutchinson Public Library.  We are putting on a new program from Lucasfilm and its publishing partners called "Star Wars Reads Day".  Register your school-age child at the Children's Circulation Desk (at the West entrance by the parking lot).  Then come to the Library's auditorium at 2pm on October 6th.  There will be Jedi training and a chance to test your skills.

I would have loved this as a kid.  I was (OK, still am) a big fan of the Star Wars movies and universe.  I must admit though to liking the original trilogy much better than the newer series.  When I saw "A New Hope" in the theater, Han shot first.  If you are unfamiliar with that bit of trivia, here's a link to explain it!

I hope that we have a good turn out for this program.  It combines reading with one of my favorite science fiction film universes.  There have also been numerous well-written, exciting books set in the Star Wars universe.  So, October 6th 2-4pm, HPL Auditorium, geared toward school-age children, register at the Children's Desk.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment