Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Celebration 2012

We dreamed it and it happened!  Friday was the big kick-off for our "Dream Big, Read!" summer reading program and it seemed to be a great success.  The crowd started gathering right at 9am this year and the weather was just beautiful.
Nice shot!

Listening for instructions


















We had a great group of volunteers helping us this year!  They ranged from early teen to senior citizen and many of them had helped us in years past.  Thank you!  Thank you!  And once again, our staff worked extra hard to pull all this off - thank you VERY much!  (Especially the Summer Celebration planning group and the Children's Department Staff.)

Unfortunately, I didn't get inside to take pictures this year as I was an "engine" for the bed races for most of the morning.  Did I mention that the weather was nice?  Well, thank goodness it was cool-ish because if it had been hot like last year there might have been fatalities!


I'll add a few more shots from my camera and I'll try to update as more pictures become available from other cameras.
Moon Rock Toss

Yippee - the Moon Walk!

A line for rocket target shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment