Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time for a new look...

Does this happen to everyone?  One day you look at something you've seen everyday and decide, "You know what?  It's time to spruce this up!"


I've reached that day with this blog.  I think it is time to try a new look.  As much as I like the clean white, it has become a little stale.  I've played around with the Blogger HTML5 templates and I really like a couple of them.  I set up the "flipcard" template for use with our new staff/patron book review site and it looks great since there is jacket art for each flip card.

I think for this blog, I'd rather use the "sidebar" template because I don't always have a nice photo to accompany my ramblings...although maybe that would be a good challenge for me.  Anyway, there's a listing down the side (surprise!) and the main body of the post appears on the right.  These templates use the latest whiz-bang stuff:  HTML5, CSS3, and Ajax to allow fast switching between posts and much more rapid image loading, etc.

Just so I have something by which to remember the old look:
old blog look

As an aside, while I was looking for something new for this blog, I did a Google image search for "sample blog styles" and this was the 6th image in the list:
Bloggers like a nice pint of Porter?

Anyway, the look may change again if I try this one out for a while and it doesn't suit me.  Let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment