Monday, August 9, 2010

Pirates!

I just finished reading Scurvy Goonda by Chris McCoy.  This is a good middle school-level fantasy yarn about imaginary friends, real friends, bacon, a pirate (the title character), and the role of imagination in the lives of children.  I am not a reader of YA fiction by choice, but being married to a children's librarian I am exposed to a lot of it.  This one is pretty good.  Of course, I am quite partial to pirates and who doesn't love bacon?  Anyway, I would recommend this book.

I think this book came to my wife's attention via Wowbrary.  If you haven't tried this service, it is free and sends you a weekly round-up via email of all the new things the library has acquired the previous week.  There are links directly to the library's catalog so that you can place holds on the new items right away.  If you want to sign up and try it out, just click the link above and enter 67501 in the zip code box.

No comments:

Post a Comment