Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Art of Playing Catch-up

My topic today is the Summer Celebration and the fun that was had by over 500 children and adults on June 5th.  This update is a week late, I know, but I have a good excuse - I was taking a bit of much-needed R&R.  Our Summer Reading theme this year is "Be Creative @ HPL" and there was some real creativity on display.  If you come in to the Children's Department, you can see the mural that was painted by the kids during the celebration.  The Art Car is very nicely decorated as well and you will see that if you come down town for the 4th of July parade.

Now storytimes are in full-swing, we have reading programs going for all ages, and everyone is busy with the Summer rush.  Tomorrow is staff day for adding their decorations to the art car too!  I finally cleared my inbox this afternoon, got the tree trimmer scheduled to remove the fallen tree in my backyard, but thankfully, the library sustained no damage from Monday evening's storm.  So all-in-all, life is good for me. And do you see what I did there?  With the title and the post topic?  "Art" - we're doing art.  I'm playing "catch-up" after a vacation...  OK,  I know, lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment